Flyway Wedding FAQs

Do you provide any wedding rental equipment?

We offer 20 - 8X4 foot tables and 200 cherry resin fold out chairs. You can comfortably fit 8-10 guests at each table. You will need to purchase or rent 108x156 tableclothes. This size will ensure the hem touches the ground. Our wedding packages also include 9 vintage wine barrels, a room full of decor, and vintage furniture. A lighting package is provided consisting of string Edison lights, chandeliers, uplights, and porch lights. DJ/sound equipment is also included.

Do I have to use approved vendors?

At The Flyway Lodge, we allow you the freedom to choose your own vendors. All vendors and service contractors must be licensed, insured professionals. The Flyway Lodge is located between the Outer Banks and Virginia Beach and offers a wide variety of talented vendors. Visit our wedding vendor page for more details.

What is your alcohol policy?

We do permit outside alcohol. Alcohol may not be served to minors. The Flyway Events, LLC and its employees are not responsible for any damages, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, which may arise as a result of consumption of alcoholic beverages by the client and any of the client’s guests. The client is responsible for obtaining the necessary permits as required by the NC ABC.

How much power does the barn offer?

The farm building has a 200-amp electrical service that may be used by vendors. A Flyway representative will be onsite for the duration of your event and will handle questions or emergencies related to Flyway facilities.

Do you set up and break down tables and chairs?

The Flyway Lodge will set up chairs for your wedding ceremony under the direction of your wedding planner. You will need to make other arrangements to move chairs from the ceremony to the reception. All tables and chairs must be broken down and stored in the barn area within 3 hours of the event conclusion.

Where should my guests park?

A parking lot is available adjacent to the Carriage House and all vehicles must park in this area.

Can I schedule my engagement or bridal photos before my wedding?

Future brides that have signed a wedding contract will be able to schedule a 2 hour photo session on site before the wedding with the photographer of their choice. Please reach out to us to schedule a time.

Where can my out of town guests stay?

We offer 3 additional bedrooms for your guests to rent at the lodge. The North Beach Landing Resort is located just 3 minutes from the venue. They offer newly built cottages with modern amenities. Please visit their website for more information. Make sure to reserve cottages for your guest for a discounted rate.

What vendors do you recommend?

There are a wide variety of talented vendors nearby in North Carolina and Virginia Beach. Visit our vendor page to see vendors that have worked at The Flyway Lodge before.

Where can I get our marriage license?

The Currituck County Register of Deeds office. For more information, visit their website here.

Does Flyway host LGBT events?

Absolutely! We believe all love should be celebrated :)